Wednesday, July 27, 2011

We have a place......

To have our wedding!!!

I promised in my last post (or two) I would update you on my visit to Gulf Shores back in June. I am telling you what, planning a wedding (especially in a different state) can be so exhausting. I had this thought that we would go down there, meet with the wedding planner, look at a few places and that would be it. NO, that’s not how it works. Yes we met with my planner, met with the florist and with the baker but at the end of the day we still didn’t have a place to get married.
I had gone back and forth on what I wanted. I knew that I didn’t want to get married on the beach of a condo high-rise for the simple fact it will be spring break and I don’t want just anyone hanging out in the background. I had in my head that I wanted to get married at some sort of resort that would accommodate people who wanted to stay in a beach house or a condo and also allowed weddings right outside the house we were staying. It would have also been nice to find a place that could accommodate a reception but we were also willing to have this outside the house as well. Well this just doesn’t exist in Gulf Shores, you have to travel to Ft. Morgan which is about 12-15 miles out of town.  We found the perfect place but the lady we needed to talk to was out of town so I left my name and number. We continued to look and just couldn’t find anything as perfect as the spot we just visited. So by the end of the week we had made our decision. This was it!
Well not so much, we returned home and made several phone calls back and forth to the property manager just to find out two weeks later that they will not allow weddings in April. ARE YOU KIDDING ME….nope they sure won’t. So it was back to the drawing board. My mom and I spent countless hours on the computer searching more venues and finally found the perfect place.

The Dunes, located about 19 miles from gulf shores is where we will have our wedding. It is a bit of a drive to Ft. Morgan and there are no hotels near by but they do have condos and beach houses on site. After talking with the property manager I just knew this was it. She was so friendly and accommodating. They will allow us to have the wedding outside the house on the beach, have the reception on the beach or at the house or we could even rent the rental office for the reception. We haven’t decided which we would rather do at this time but at least we have a location!
Here is the house we have chosen! It’s perfect and I can’t wait to go!



I am so excited because my entire family can stay in one house! Ryan's family will also be renting a house close by. Since we will have a 3 month old it will be nice to have all of our family near by!
You can also visit http://www.sunsetproperties.com/ to see more of The Dunes!
One idea I do have is to have the reception outside by the pool if the property will allow this. I think it would be really cool to set up tables around this area! What do you think? If you have any ideas please let me know!



No comments:

Post a Comment