Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Aiden Pearce





Aiden Pearce Carriss
8 lb 14 oz

This is way past due but my days seem to run together! I thought after I had Aiden I would have all this time to blog, clean, cook etc but so far I haven't done any of the above. I can't figure where the time goes. My days are spent feeding, changing diapers, feeding, sleeping, visiting with family and friends, feeding again! This boy eats every hour to hour and half right now. He is such a growing boy!

Aiden was born on December 30, 2011. I had to have a c-section due to him being breached and was so nervous about having surgery. However it wasn't as bad as I thought even though it is a long recovery. The worst is having to stay in the hospital for 4 days. I also lost my grandmother the day before Aiden was born. This has been such a hard time for me. I wasn't able to get the closure I needed due to the funeral being in Alabama. There are days where I just cry and feel so alone but then I hold Aiden and everything seems so much better.

Being a new parent has come with ups and downs. It is such a different life style then what I'm used to. Don't get me wrong I LOVE every minute of it but everyday is a new learning experience. People try to give you advise but every baby (just like every pregnancy) is very different. I have learned to just do things the way I want and learn as we go. I have also realized that I am doing everything I said "I would never do". Breastfeeding has been another challenge for me but I know that it is best for Aiden and again everyday gets better.

I am anxious about getting back to my pre-baby weight mostly due to the fact that I have to fit into a wedding dress in approx 12 weeks. I have lost over 20 lbs so far and the dress is able to fit over my hips (but not zip just yet). Lets just pray that I am able to loose at least 15 more lbs before we leave!

I have SO much left to do for the big day and don't seem to have the time or energy to accomplish all the tasks. I have even put off calling my wedding planner for two weeks due to not having the answers she is looking for. So from this day forward I am going to try and accomplish at least one thing each day (or week)!

Here are some beautiful pictures from Aiden's newborn session! I just love this face!




Aiden will be 1 month on Monday. Where does the time go??!! Hopefully it won't be another month before I can post again!

1 comment:

  1. Aiden is absolutly beautiful. Thank you for posting the photos. The breastfeeding will get easier, but it is tough those first few weeks. Enjoy every minute with him.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete