Thursday, January 26, 2012

One Happy Mommy!

I am one happy mommy today!!!

Last night was a wonderful night for both mommy and daddy! Are you ready for this one.......Aiden slept for 5 straight hours. Yes my friends this is a milestone of us! He went to sleep around 11:00 pm and didn't wake up until 4:00 am ate and went back to sleep until 7:00 am. I was so excited I woke Ryan up just to tell him about it! HA! I know there are probably many babies that do this on a normal basis but not this boy. We are usually up every 2-3 hours so as you can see we are very excited! I know this may be a one time thing but hopefully we can keep this up!

I was at a friends house last night for dinner and we were just discussing sleeping patterns in our babies. My childhood best friend has a daughter that is 6 months older then Aiden so I am constantly picking her brain for parenting tips and advice! I had just said that I get so discouraged when I read other blogs and they say things like "my newborn sleeps through the night" or "my baby started sleeping in his bed at 2 weeks and never woke up" or "I never had to get up once when my child was born" or "we go 5-6 hours a night without getting up to feed". You get my drift rigtht? Well I was starting to think I was doing something wrong and wondering "why isn't my child doing that?" Like I said before I know this won't happen every night but the fact that it happened once made me very excited and rested today!

Starting this weekend we are going to start introducing Aiden to his crib. I will keep you posted on how this goes!

I just love bath time!

2 comments:

  1. yay congrats oh some good sleep for both of you all! he looks adorable in his robe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep will come and go, but don't get caught up in comparing babies, they do everything in their own sweet time! I too find myself comparing, but seriously just enjoy him. He's so cute in his little robe!

    Themom-mediaries@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete