Sunday, April 27, 2014

Ava's Baptism

Today was a very special day. Not only was Ava baptized she also wore the gown my grandmother hand knitted 32 years ago for my baptism in the exact same church. The dress was also worn by my sisters when they were baptized. Hopefully one day I will have nieces that will also get to wear it! 



My grandfather was the presiding elder. It means so much to have him there and to be apart of this special day! 

Ava was getting very tired right before and I just knew she needed to go to sleep. She actually fell asleep sitting in my lap and didn't wake up when the preacher took her from me, poured water on her head and walked her around the sanctuary.  He said that was the first. Everyone afterwards was so amazed at now good she is!  It was pretty funny! 

Aiden also had a small part to play.  About a week ago our pastor called me to talk about the happenings of the day and to go over the final details. He was unaware of Aidens speech delay and asked if he could give Aiden something to say during the service. I explained that he wouldn't be able to do that and why. He then said he could just ask him a question and all Aiden would have to do is say "yes". I kind of chuckled a bit because not only can he not say the word yes but his favorite word right now is "no". I just knew that when the preacher asked him "will you teach your little sister about Jesus" he would respond "no"! Luckily that didn't happen. Aiden did so great and shook his head yes and said "uh huh". We are so proud of him! He is one awesome big brother! 

I'm so mad at myself for not getting any pictures of Aiden today. He probably wouldn't have sat still anyway! 


My mom has a picture of me laying on this blanket in this dress outside in the same front yard! I love it!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment