Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bittersweet

The time has come. We moved Aiden to his own crib, in his own room. It's a bittersweet moment for me. Don't get me wrong I'm all for children sleeping in their own rooms but it just reminds me of how fast he is growing up. I was one of those people who said they would never let their children sleep in the bed with them but I secretly love when he gets up early and we cuddle in the big bed!!

Last night was "the night"!! I have been trying all week to get Aiden to sleep in his own bed but Ryan wasn't ready. He simply wouldn't let me put him in there. I couldn't complain because I'm glad he cares and I actually find it very sweet that he had such a strong opinion.

We had both agreed to give it a try just to see how he does saturday night. Can you believe on night one he slept until 5 am without waking!! Woohoo! However, Ryan was up most of the night watching the monitor. He even asked several times if he should go get him because it was storming. I put my foot down there, there was no way he was waking him up for no reason.

Tonight I was getting things together for his 3 month pictures when I came into the room to find this! How sweet is this picture! All curled up next to daddy!! Needless to say I've already moved him to his crib! Let's hope for another good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment