Thursday, February 9, 2012

Traveling with a baby

In three weeks we will be taking our first road trip with Aiden to see my two sisters in Birmingham! I'm a little nervous about traveling with him and worry about how he is going to do in the car for 6 hours but at least I'll have grandma and great grandma there to help!! I'm hoping to get some much needed sleep on this trip since he will have so many people to play with (and spoil him!) I miss my sisters so much and hate that they don't get to see Aiden on a regular basis. However we do Skype each other at least two times a week!! Thank goodness for the Internet!!

I've also already started making a list of things to pack. I know I will take so much stuff but really don't want to forget anything! Everything we have I use on a daily basis! I have consulted a friend on advise since she has traveled so much with her little ones. Here is my list and if I'm leaving anything out please let me know! This is a whole new experience for me. I'm looking at it as a "trial run" because we are going to the beach in April for our wedding!!

Diapers, wipes, desitin, gas drops, gripe water, bath lotion and soap, bath towels and wash cloths, blankets, burp cloths

A friend gave me a travel tub

Outfit (or 4) for everyday we are gone plus PJ's

Bouncy seat (because this is his bed!)
Possibly co-sleeper or pack and play of he is actually sleeping there by then!!

Travel swing (also given to me by a friend) it folds up and is great!!

Bottles, bottle brush, drying rack (I have a small one and don't want them touching the sink at the hotel), dish soap

Breast pump and formula, paci

Wow babies need a lot!! I know I'll be adding to this daily but at least I'm starting to think about it now!







No comments:

Post a Comment